Overcoming Barriers with Urban Scholars
Closing the education gap isn't just about individuals. By empowering extraordinary students we transform our world.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, college grads earn 84% more than high school grads. However, high costs put college out of reach for many.
At Lesley, we know potential isn't defined by socioeconomic status. That's why Urban Scholars Initiative (USI) provides tuition assistance, tutoring, mentoring, as well as book and supply stipends, to support students' financial, academic, and emotional needs.
|Benefits||Eligibility & Requirements|
|Learn more about benefits including 50% tuition discount, book stipend, additional scholarships, etc.||Find out about requirements such as: demonstrating financial need, meeting admissions requirements, etc.|
|View full benefits list||View eligibility and requirements|
To maintain a tight-knit, supportive community, space is limited to 20 on a first-come, first-serve basis. Apply today.
Our programming is based on three pillars of success:
- Social and Emotional Intelligence - challenging students to discover ther purpose and inner strength.
- Career Exploration - encouraging students to explore their passions as well as identify career paths.
- Community Building - connecting students with like minds and shared experiences.
Since 2013, over 200 students have participated, with a first year retention of over 80%. All of our graduates are the first in their families to attend college!
- February 15: Completed admission application
- February 15: Completed FAFSA (Unless DACA/Undocumented)
- March 1: FA Award Notification
- May 1: Enrollment deposit required to reserve your spot
- Note: To maintain a tight-knit, supportive community, space is limited to 20. First come, first serve.
- Yami Rojas
Manager of the Urban Scholars Initiative
- Isabael Dawson
- General Inquiries
- Urban Scholars Initiative
29 Mellen Street, Room 103, 1st Floor
Cambridge, MA 02138