Drive school change and improve reading and writing outcomes.
Based on the work of Irene Fountas & Gay Su Pinnell, and other literacy teaching and coaching experts, this online graduate certificate program will help you develop a culture of professional learning within your school or across your district.
Gain literacy coaching and leadership expertise for greater student success. Learn ways for working with teachers, school leaders, and stakeholders to develop a common understanding of effective practices in literacy instruction. Discover how to foster shared leadership for long-term school improvement.
Whether you’re a literacy coach, teacher leader, or administrator who wants to build upon your knowledge, or you’re an educator looking to grow into one of these roles, this certificate will help you gain the skills to be effective in your career. The program is designed to help you to:
- Learn about reading and writing processes to support your colleagues' professional development
- Help teachers reflect on their teaching
- Design coaching sessions with teachers to support their reading and writing instruction
- Develop a plan to work with administrators, teams, and stakeholders to increase leadership opportunities and to build professional capital in your school or district
- Create a school culture built on trust, collaboration, and respect
- Lead and sustain the work of school leadership teams to support the school’s vision for teaching and learning
To participate, you should be working in or have access to a school or district environment so you can practice theories and strategies you're learning in your coursework.
At this time, residents of Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, and Oregon are not eligible to enroll in our fully online programs. All others may apply.