In Fall 2017, the Provost Office initiated a comprehensive review of all degree programs within the academic portfolio in order to best inform Strategic Planning, prioritization of resources, and inform a process of continuous improvement. The 2017-18 Strategic Academic Portfolio Review process will engage teams of faculty to review both quantitative “snap shots” of internal and external data and qualitative input from program directors.
Create a snapshot of key data for all academic programs.
- The 2017-2018 Strategic Academic Portfolio Project began in Fall 2017 and will be complete by June 30, 2018. For more detail, review the Project Timeline (Lesley faculty/staff credentials required).
Information for Program Chairs
- Program Chairs will complete two surveys by February 14th to inform this process.
- For links to the survey and a description of the questions, view Program Chairs Survey (Lesley faculty/staff credentials required).
- An overview of the timeline and tasks for Program Chairs was sent 1/26 (Lesley faculty/staff credentials required)
- The strategic academic program review process will comprise 59 programs. View the Program List for more details. (Lesley faculty/staff credentials required)
The development of the Academic Program Portfolio Review process is a key initiative for a number of cross-institutional and cross-department teams and working groups including:
- Academic Advisory Committee (AAC)
- Faculty Affairs and Academic Policies (FAAP) Committee
- Education Effectiveness team
In addition, the development of criteria and metrics for each component of the program portfolio review are being conducted by faculty teams comprised of faculty members of each of our four schools.