Eligibility and Requirements
To be eligible:
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). (Not required for DACA/undocumented applicants).
- First-generation (parent/guardian did not attend a four-year university)
- Meet all criteria for undergraduate admission to Lesley University.
Priority seats offered to students who participate in one of Lesley’s partner organizations.
FAFSA Help is available:
- MASFAA offers free assistance through their FASFA Day Program
- Set up an appointment with Audrey Kay in our Financial Aid office.
On acceptance, students must:
- Attend Urban Scholars Initiative Summer Transition Week, a weeklong introduction to Lesley and USI August (date TBD).
- Maintain good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 GPA and make satisfactory progress toward degree completion.
Taydavia Martinez ’16
Taydavia ’16 transferred to Lesley to study what she loved. Through the Urban Scholar's Initiative, she found friends—and an advisor—who were determined to see her succeed.