Urban Scholars receive:
- 50% Tuition discount for four years of undergraduate study. (Not applicable to room and board, making most program students commuters.)
- Book stipend to minimize textbook cost.
- Additional scholarships opportunities.
- One-on-one advising to set goals, expectations and assess progress
- Monthly seminars on everything from professional development to health and well-being in college and beyond.
- Tutoring and other Academic support.
- Hands-on, career-oriented internships in your field of interest. All Lesley undergrads complete internships, apprenticeships, practicums, or courses with a professional practice component.
- Leadership Opportunities as Peer Leaders for Summer Transition Week.
After graduating from Lesley, I began teaching at my old middle school. Now, I'm the lead for our Science department, and recently reworked the Science curriculum, creating vertical alignment though the grades. Next, I'll be heading to Northeastern University to pursue my graduate degree in Instructional Design. I plan on becoming an Instructional Coach for STEM teachers.
Samantha Amaro ’19, Science Teacher and then some!
Contact the Urban Scholars Initiative (USI)