Let’s make it official
Ready to become a Lynx? We are still accepting applications, but housing and class registration are first-come, first-served.


Find information on the grading scale, definitions of pass/fail and administrative grades, how to request a grade change, how to enter grades on Self-Service, and grade deadlines.

  • Grading Scale
    Letter Grade P/F Course Grade Point System
    A   4.0
    A-   3.7
    B+   3.3
    B   3.0
    B- Pass (Graduate Programs) 2.7
    C+   2.3
    C   2.0
    C- Pass (Undergraduate Programs) 1.7
    D+   1.3
    D   1.0
    D-   0.7
    F   0.0
  • Administrative Grades

    I (Incomplete)

    In exceptional cases, where an unanticipated event beyond one's control interferes with a student's completion of course requirements, a letter grade of "I" may be given to a student, at the instructor's discretion. Student and instructor must complete and sign a "Contract for Completion of Incomplete Coursework." Responsibility for completion of work rests with the student. Deadlines and the policy for incomplete work vary among the schools. Reference the individual school's policy for additional information on incomplete grades.

    AW (Administrative Withdrawal)

    "AW" is an administrative grade assigned to students who have attended no more than the first two classes, but who have not officially dropped or withdrawn from the course. Students who stop attending after the second class, but fail to withdraw by the published University withdrawal deadline must be assigned a letter grade.

    Recording Non-Attendance (Formerly "NA" Grades):

    A non-attendance grade is an administrative grade assigned to students who are officially registered for the course and whose name appears on the grade roster, but who have never attended class. Select the "Never Attended" box in the Self-Service Grading screen to record these grades.

    W (Withdrew)

    Cannot be changed.

  • Grade Changes

    The Grade Change Form must be completed only by the instructional faculty member who assigned the original grade and only after the relevant grade change processes have been completed (see the University catalog for more information). The grade change workflow proceeds as follows:

    1. Student either completes unfinished coursework or completes the Grade Grievance process as outlined in the Lesley University catalog. 

    2. Instructor logs into Dynamic Forms.  

    3. Instructor selects the Associate Dean or Designee of their school from the drop-down menu. If the form requires their approval, it will be routed to this designee before reaching the Registrar. 

    4. Instructor fills out form:  

    • Identifies the student by providing their first name, last name, and ID number

    • Provides the course subject, number, section, and title 

    • Identifies the term 

    • Provides the current and new grades 

    5. Instructor e-signs the form. 

    6. If their approval is necessary, the Associate Dean or Designee receives the form, reviews it, and approves or denies the request. The Instructor receives an update as to the status of the form. 

    7. After any and all necessary approval(s), the Registrar’s Office receives the form and processes the change.  

    8. Instructor is sent a final confirmation email. 

    Faculty and staff please note: the Grade Change Form may be accessed via the Lesley Faculty Sharepoint folder.

  • Submitting Grades

    Faculty should submit grades for all students in Self-Service; no student should be left without an academic or administrative grade.

    MyLesley is not used to enter grades. The myLesley gradebook is a tool for your personal use, and the entries there are never moved to students' transcripts.

    How to Submit Grades in Self-Service

    To submit grades Self-Service, follow these steps:

    1. Log in to Self-Service with your Lesley University username and password.
    2. From the Welcome page, select the Faculty box. You may also access the Faculty section via the navigation menu by selecting the Daily Work icon (it looks like a briefcase). A drop-down menu will appear. Open the menu item that says, "Daily Work," and then the next menu item: Faculty. The Faculty Overview link will display.
    3. On the Faculty Overview page, you'll find a table featuring your courses for the academic year, divided by semester and/or term. Choose the course link for which you need to submit grades.
    4. The Section Details page will load. From here, you may view your course roster, enter attendance, and submit grades. Select the Deadline Dates link if you'd like to check upcoming deadlines. Otherwise, select Grading.
    5. This will display a read-only table with your course roster and any grade information entered to date. The default view for this table is in Overview format. To enter a final grade, select the Final Grade link (beside the Overview link). To enter a midterm grade, select the Midterm link.
    6. You'll find a table with your course roster and several columns in which to enter attendance and grade information. Locate the student for whom you need to enter grades, then select the relevant grade from the drop-down list.
    7. If entering midterm grades, grades will be saved as they are entered. If entering final grades, press the Post Grades button. A pop-up will display, asking you to confirm your grade posting. Confirm your grade or grades by selecting Post Grades.

    Contact Information

    Direct grading inquiries to the Records Department in the Registrar's Office via phone at 617.349.8760 or 800.999.1959 x8760, via email at help@lesley.edu, or by submitting a ticket to the Support Hub.

  • Grade Deadlines

    Grades for students in hybrid, online, and off-campus courses are due 7 days after the semester or term end date. Grade due dates can also be found on the academic calendar.