Who to Contact
If any faculty or staff have an urgent concern about a student, contact Nathaniel Mays, the Dean of Student Life and Academic Development. During the day and after normal working hours, the best way to reach him is by his cell phone at 617.894.2765.
If the emergency involves verbal threats to one’s self or others, physical violence, or necessitates a student going to the hospital, or Nathaniel cannot be reached, please contact the Public Safety person on duty. The main number for Public Safety is 617.349.8888 or x 8888 on campus. On the Doble Campus, they are located at 34 Mellen Street.
On the Porter Campus, Public Safety is located in the lobby of University Hall, on duty 24 hours and can be reached at ext. 8390 (617.349.8390).
On South Campus, Public Safety is located in the lobby of Burnham Hall, 99-2, and can be reached at 617.871.6029.
- Be ‘odd'
- Be ‘creepy’
- Have a psychological condition
- Have a disability (and disclose/not disclose)
- Have different opinions than you
- Challenge your opinion or information
- Have a criminal history
- Be entitled or self-centered
- Have different cultural expectations
Students May Not:
- Significantly disrupt the educational environment so that others can’t learn
- Engage in or threaten violence towards others
- Steal, cheat, harass, etc.
- Fail to comply with directions of University officials
- Violate the standards of the university
Resources on Campus
Counseling Center (the number to give to students)
3rd floor, Doble Hall
Center for Academic Achievement and Access Services
(physical, sensory, or mental health)
Dan Newman, Director
Academic Advising, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Jackie Iannone, Associate Director
Academic Advising, College of Art and Design
Julie Stanwood, Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs
LD/ADD Academic Support Center
Kim Johnson, Director
Dean of Students