As Associate Director for Academic Advising and Student Services in the Coordinated Student Success department, Maude provides academic advisement to Graduate School of Education elementary, ESL and bilingual, and reading specialist students. She serves as liaison between students and university support offices, including the Registrar, Financial Aid, and Student Accounts. In collaboration with the department chair, program directors, and faculty, Maude supports student retention through tracking of academic enrollment, academic progress, and timely completion of program requirements.
Prior to joining Lesley University, Maude worked at Northeastern University in Boston, MA, in the areas of academic advising and administrative services for over 20 years within different schools/departments including the President’s Office, the School of Law, and the Graduate School of Business Administration. Maude’s passion for seeing others succeed extends to her volunteer work with high school students in youth ministry at her local church, encouraging social, spiritual, and academic development through coordination and delivery of presentations and workshops during the school year, and at annual retreat and conferences during summer vacation. She serves on her church Scholarship committee responsible for reviewing high school graduates application for financial award and annual recognition for academic success and pursuit of higher education.
Maude is a member of the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA).
Education: Northeastern University, Boston MA; BA, Sociology/Anthropology; M.Ed., Higher Education Administration with concentration in College Student Development and Counseling
Honors and Awards:
- Northeastern University: Sigma Epsilon Rho Honor Society
- Northeastern University: Phi Beta Delta, Honor Society for International Students
- Tabernacle Congregation: Mother of the Year Award (2015)
- March 2016: “An Advising Team Greater than the Sum of Its Parts” A presentation by Lesley University Academic Advising Team at NACADA East Region Conference. March 2016, Maine MA.
- 2000-2018: “Preparing for College” Annual presentation to high school students and parents on the importance of maintaining academic progress through senior year, understanding the admissions process, financial aid award, and the different ways to save for college. Tabernacle Congregation, Youth Ministry. September 2000-present, Boston, MA.
- 2013-2018: “Strategies for Surviving First Year of College” Annual presentation to first year college students on tips for maintaining academic success, physical, social and spiritual health on college campuses. Tabernacle Congregation, Young Adult Ministry. January 2013-2017, Boston, MA.
- 2011: “Teamwork in Rebuilding the Wall” A presentation encouraging teamwork among women while facing challenges for building, restoring, and fulfilling family, fellowship, ministerial and professional responsibilities. Tabernacle Congregation, Women Ministry conference. September 2011, Boston, MA.