As Director for Academic Advising and Student Services in the Graduate School of Education’s Ph.D. Department, Maude coordinates academic advisement and oversees delivery of services to all doctoral students. She works with matriculated students and program directors on a variety of events and procedures including New Student Orientation, annual Summer Residency and Winter Session; course waiver/substitution/transfer credits, registration procedures and degree audits. She serves as liaison between students and university support offices including the Registrar, Financial Aid and Student Accounts Offices. In collaboration with department chair, program directors and faculty, Maude supports student retention through tracking of academic enrollment, academic progress and timely completion of courses, credits, and benchmark paper requirements through all phases of the doctoral program of studies. She also works closely with the Provost Office on coordinating annual Hooding ceremony and with Registrar’s Records Department on conducting degree audit and graduation clearance for doctoral students.
Prior to joining Lesley University, Maude worked at Northeastern University in Boston, MA in the areas of academic advising and administrative services for over 20 years within different schools/departments including the President’s Office, the School of Law, and the Graduate School of Business Administration. Maude’s passion for seeing others succeed extends to her volunteer work with high school students in youth ministry at her local church, encouraging social, spiritual, and academic development through coordination and delivery of presentations and workshops during the school year, and at annual retreat and conferences during summer vacation. She serves on her church Scholarship committee responsible for reviewing high school graduates application for financial award and annual recognition for academic success and pursuit of higher education.
Maude is a member of the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA).
Education: Northeastern University, Boston MA; BA, Sociology/Anthropology; M.Ed., Higher Education Administration with concentration in College Student Development and Counseling
Honors and Awards:
- Northeastern University: Sigma Epsilon Rho Honor Society
- Northeastern University: Phi Beta Delta, Honor Society for International Students
- Tabernacle Congregation: Mother of the Year Award (2015)
- March 2016: “An Advising Team Greater than the Sum of Its Parts” A presentation by Lesley University Academic Advising Team at NACADA East Region Conference. March 2016, Maine MA.
- 2000-2018: “Preparing for College” Annual presentation to high school students and parents on the importance of maintaining academic progress through senior year, understanding the admissions process, financial aid award, and the different ways to save for college. Tabernacle Congregation, Youth Ministry. September 2000-present, Boston, MA.
- 2013-2018: “Strategies for Surviving First Year of College” Annual presentation to first year college students on tips for maintaining academic success, physical, social and spiritual health on college campuses. Tabernacle Congregation, Young Adult Ministry. January 2013-2017, Boston, MA.
- 2011: “Teamwork in Rebuilding the Wall” A presentation encouraging teamwork among women while facing challenges for building, restoring, and fulfilling family, fellowship, ministerial and professional responsibilities. Tabernacle Congregation, Women Ministry conference. September 2011, Boston, MA.