Online Courses for Summer 2021
Take one or more of our online courses for professional development or elective credits. These courses are delivered in 8-week terms.
Summer Term I: May 17–July 11
Summer Term II: July 12–September 5
All courses are 3 credits. Courses are $650 per credit (see Graduate Tuition and Fees).
To register for an online course, call 877.4LESLEY or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Literacy and Reading
Develop ways to integrate reading and writing into lesson plans, and consider topics like cultural responsiveness, linguistics, and content literacy.
- Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Essential Linguistics
- Teaching English to Speaker of Other Languages: Content Areas
- Teaching of Writing K-12
- Literature and Learning in the K-8 Classroom
- Content Literacy
- Perspectives on Literacy, Learning, and Teaching (K-8)
- Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling in the Reading/Writing Classroom K-3
- Shared Leadership for School Improvement
- Intentional Teaching in a Readers’ Workshop for Grades K-2
- Intentional Teaching in a Readers’ Workshop for Grades 3-8
Teaching and Learning
Explore new ways to approach the teaching and learning process in your classroom.
Science, Mathematics, & Technology
Learn methods for helping all students succeed in STEM-related subjects.
- Principles of Computer Science
- Green Chemistry
- Life Science
- Meeting Diverse Needs in the Mathematics Classroom
- Constructing Mathematical Understanding: Number and Operations
- Constructing Mathematical Understanding for Number Theory
- Functions and Algebra I: Building Mathematical Understanding
- Geometry and Measurement I: From Polygons to Pythagoras
- Concepts of Calculus: Change and Infinity