If you’re a student in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences or the College of Art and Design, you're eligible to study abroad if you have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.7 and are in good conduct standing. Students of all majors can study abroad.
What types of programs are available?
Our professors offer travel-study courses to allow you to visit the places you're studying about while earning academic credit. Courses can be used to fulfill major or general education requirements, or they can be applied as electives. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of current offerings.
With semester-long exchange programs, your Lesley grants and scholarships remain in place. Check out a list of our partner schools in Asia and Europe.
Our network of providers offers programs at many universities and field-based locations across the globe. Each provider offers multiple programs in a wide range of countries for full semesters, during the summer and shorter terms. Visit their websites to learn more:
- AIFS Study Abroad
- Academic Programs International (API)
- International Partnership for Service Learning and Leadership (IPSL)
- School for International Training (SIT)
- The Education Abroad Network (TEAN)
What courses can I take abroad?
Most students fulfill free elective and general education credits abroad. In some cases you can take courses that will satisfy major (or minor) requirements. You can even do an internship abroad!
How will I know if credits will transfer to Lesley?
You will complete a Study Abroad Course Approval Form as part of your application package.
How and when do I apply?
- Email email@example.com at least a semester before you plan to travel
- Complete an online preliminary interest form by March 1st for summer and fall programs and October 1st for J-term and spring programs
- Apply for or renew your passport.
- Obtain a cost estimate from the Study Abroad Office and meet with the Financial Aid Office to review costs and resources.
How much does it cost to study abroad?
- Costs vary by region and program length, but a full semester abroad usually costs the same as a semester of campus (if you live in the dorms).
- Travel costs for faculty-led programs runs from $2,500-4,000
- Summer programs run between $5,000 and $10,000 depending on length and number of credits
Can I use financial aid to pay for study abroad?
- In most cases, federal and state aid can be used to pay for study abroad. You should fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as you normally would
- Once you receive a cost estimate from the Study Abroad Office, you'll correspond with the Financial Aid office to review the estimate and your financial aid options
- Complete a Study Abroad Contractual Agreement. This is required for your aid to be disbursed for study at an institution outside of Lesley University
- Your financial aid will be credited to your student account.Use these funds to pay your study abroad bill