At Lesley's Career Resource Center, we are using a national database for job and internship listings called Handshake. You can use Handshake as a student and a graduate with your Lesley email address, which does not expire when you graduate.
Employers post their positions at colleges and universities and we expect the number of listings to continue to grow.
For Students & Alumni
- Go to Handshake and enter your Lesley username and your Lesley password. If you get an error message, you may need to update your password. If you graduated in 2018 or before, go to Handshake and select "Sign up here." Lesley graduates can use their Lesley or personal email address.
- If you continue to have trouble signing up or logging in, contact the Career Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be prompted to add to your profile. Research from Handshake shows that students with complete profiles are 5 times more likely to be contacted by employers. The ethnicity and gender fields are optional. To add this information to your profile, click on the “pencil” in the Personal Information box on your profile.
- You have the choice to have your profile public to employers or keep it private. Your profile is not public until you make it so. (See Notes about privacy and GPA.) If you make your profile public, only employers in the system can see your profile.
- Troubleshooting: If you have difficulty with the system or employers, contact the Career Resource Center right away at email@example.com.
- Applying for jobs or internships: Some organizations ask that you apply through Handshake, while others provide an external link to their own application system.
- Scams: Whenever you are seeking a job, be careful of scams. Never accept a job without an interview (in person or Skype) and don’t accept payment before you work.