Students from all majors and academic programs can study abroad, undergraduate and graduate alike. We offer a variety of programs in three different models—travel-study/faculty led, provider programs, and exchange programs—to accommodate your interests and academic requirements. Set up a meeting with our study abroad advisor to review your options.
Model 1: Travel-Study/Faculty Led
Not everyone wants to go away for a semester or year. That’s why short-term travel-study is the perfect option for many students. Travel-study programs are Lesley courses embedded with a 1-2 week travel component where students and the faculty teaching the course travel to another country for hands-on learning and exploration.
- The course's travel component takes place during January break, spring break, or over the summer.
- You’d pay your normal tuition rate plus travel costs of $2,500-$4,500, depending on the course.
- Previous programs have included, Paris at the Crossroads, London Theatre, Imaging Japan, Holistic Psychology & Wellness Exploration in Costa Rica, or Writing in Wales.
Model 2: Provider Programs
Our network of outside providers offers programs at many universities and field-based locations across the globe. Each provider offers multiple programs in a wide range of countries for full semesters, during the summer, and shorter terms.
- You’ll pay the provider educational fees, not Lesley University.
- On a provider program you can use your state and federal aid, but not your Lesley scholarships.
- A sample of the providers we work with include:
- American Programs International (API)
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS)
- The Education Abroad Network (TEAN)
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE)
- School for International Training (SIT)
- Read more about previous student's experiences on our blog.
Model 3: Exchange Programs
We have partnerships with 15+ universities across Europe and Asia. If you're a student here, you can apply to study at one of these partner universities for a semester or two as an international exchange student.
- You’ll pay Lesley tuition and any other applicable fees (room & board, etc.) to the exchange partner school.
- With semester-long exchange programs, your Lesley grants and scholarships remain in place and you can use state and federal aid.
- Take a look at our partner schools below.
- You can usually use federal and state aid to pay for study abroad. Fill out the FAFSA as you normally would.
- Receive a cost estimate from the Study Abroad Office for your chosen program and review your aid options with the Financial Aid Office.
- Complete a Study Abroad Contractual Agreement from the Financial Aid Office.
- Learn about study abroad scholarships.