The Office of Financial Aid
The Office of Financial Aid provides opportunities for student access to and success in higher education by helping students and their families seek, obtain, and make the best use of all financial resources. Visit our online knowledge base for answers to many common questions.
Monday through Friday, 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Some staff members are working on a hybrid schedule. If you need to visit in person, stop by the University Support Hub in the Creativity Commons on the 3rd floor of University Hall. The Support Hub is open Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Contact us regarding questions about the following:
- Awarding of financial aid to all eligible students
- Aid types including Lesley Scholarships:
- Title 4 Federal Aid and Commonwealth of Massachusetts aid
- FAFSA - Free Application Federal Student Aid
- Title IV Applications
- Lesley Scholarship Scholarships and Work-Study
There are several ways to contact us. You can:
- Submit a ticket via the Support Hub
- Call us at 617.349.8760
- Stop by the Support Hub on the 3rd floor of University Hall during our business hours to speak to one of our Support Hub Specialists.
Generally, if you are attending school between September 1, 2022 and August 31, 2023, you will need to complete the 2022-23 FAFSA, which will require 2020 Federal Income Tax Return information. If you are beginning or continuing your studies between September 1, 2023 and August 31, 2024, you will need to complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA, which will require your 2021 Federal Income Tax Return information.
Have you given us your Social Security Number (SSN)? That's what we need to access your FAFSA from the US Department of Education. If you have not provided Lesley with your SSN, you can do so by submitting IRS Form W-9. It is available for download on the IRS website. Once completed, you can submit it to our office by:
- Faxing it to 617.649.4855
- Mailing it to the Office of Financial Aid at 29 Everett Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
- Dropping it off at the Support Hub on the 3rd Floor of University Hall (1815 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA)
If you've given us your SSN and we still don't have your FAFSA, let us know and we'll take a look at your file to see if there's anything else we need from you.
When you apply to Lesley, the Admissions Office automatically considers you for any merit-based scholarships you might be qualified to receive. Visit our guide to Lesley scholarships and grants for more information on the types of merit-based scholarships for which you might be considered.