Start your master's degree in Mindfulness Studies as an undergraduate.
While a bachelor's degree can get you started in a number of rewarding careers, earning a master's degree can open up a wider range of positions in a variety of settings.
If you're a Lesley student working toward your bachelor's degree in Art Therapy or Holistic Psychology & Wellness, you can apply to start earning a master's degree in Mindfulness Studies at the same time. Complete both degrees in one streamlined program and graduate with the hands-on experience you need to make a difference in others' lives.
- Holistic Psychology & Wellness Students: This program will suit your strengths and passions in holistic health, wellness, and Eastern traditions of healing.
- Art Therapy Students: This program is perfect if you are seeking a non-clinical master's degree and you want to use mindful artistic creation in your work, but you are not pursuing a career that requires licensure as a mental health counselor.
What You'll Study
Build upon your foundation in Art Therapy or Holistic Psychology & Wellness. In our master's degree program in Mindfulness Studies, you'll:
- Learn how to enrich your life, as well as the lives of others, through rigorous study and intensive meditation practice.
- Study the Buddhist roots of contemplative practice, mindful communication, and leadership.
- Immerse yourself in research that shows the impact of mindfulness on stress reduction, and links meditation practice to enhanced brain function, emotional regulation, and the human capacity for compassion.
- Graduate with a foundation in the history of mindfulness as well as the expertise to apply mindfulness in your field.
Our convenient low-residency format and online courses make it possible for you to participate in classes from your home on your own schedule.
How It Works
Our MA in Mindfulness Studies is a 36-credit program. By completing some graduate credits as an undergraduate student, you'll save both time and money.
- Take 9 graduate credits online in your senior year, included in your undergraduate tuition.
- Finish the 27 remaining graduate credits after senior year, at the graduate tuition rate.
- Complete your Mindfulness Residency in the Fall semester of your senior year.
- Complete both degrees in about 5 years of full-time study. This is a semester faster than if you entered Lesley as a graduate student.
- Save an additional $12,600 (12 free graduate credits) with the Lesley Dividend award for a total of 58% off your graduate tuition.
- You'll receive your bachelor's degree once you have finished all undergraduate requirements, and you'll receive your MA in Mindfulness Studies once you have completed the requirements for the master's program.
- View the course sequences for Holistic Psychology & Wellness + Mindfulness Studies
- View the course sequences for Art Therapy + Mindfulness Studies
Eligibility & Applying
You'll need to maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.3 (B+) or higher to be eligible for this program. If you're interested in the program, you'll:
- Meet with your academic advisor in the Spring semester of your sophomore year to discuss this option. You'll need a recommendation from your undergraduate program chair to proceed.
- Attend a mandatory program information meeting with Lisa Lombardi, the Associate Director of Advising and Student Services in the Mindfulness Studies graduate program.
- Apply for the graduate program by June 1 of your junior year. Review the application requirements for the Mindfulness Studies program.
- If you are accepted into the program, you'll take your first graduate course in the Fall semester of your senior year.