We have a new job listing platform, Handshake, which can be accessed at https://lesley.joinhandshake.com. Employers are using the system; the number of listings will continue to grow.
Current students and 2019 alumni have been uploaded; use your Lesley username and password. If you get an error message, your password may need to be updated. Go to https://password.lesley.edu/. Still having trouble? Email the Career Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you graduated in 2018 or before, go to https://lesley.joinhandshake.com and click on "Sign up here" in the upper right. Lesley graduates can use their Lesley or personal email address.
Student Guide to Using Handshake
The Career Resource Center started using a national database for job and internship listings beginning in July 2019. Employers can select colleges/universities at which to post their positions.
- Go to https://lesley.joinhandshake.com/login and enter your Lesley username and then your Lesley password. (If you get an error message and you haven’t updated your Lesley password in a while, you may need to at https://password.lesley.edu/. If you continue to have trouble, contact the Career Resource Center at email@example.com.
- You will be prompted to add to your profile. Research from Handshake shows that students with complete profiles are 5 times more likely to be contacted by employers.
- You have the choice to have your profile public to employers or keep it private. Your profile is not public until you make it so (see notes below about privacy and GPA).
- You will be able to use Handshake as both a student and a graduate; your Lesley email does not expire when you graduate.
- Privacy – If you make your profile public, only employers in the system can see your profile. If you have any difficulty with an employer; please contact the Career Resource Center right away at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ethnicity and gender are optional fields; you may leave them blank or add the information in your profile if you wish. To add this information in your profile, click on the “pencil” in the Personal Information box on the left side of your profile.
- Some organizations ask that applicants apply through Handshake, others provide an external link to their own application system.
- Whenever you are seeking a job, be careful to avoid scams. Never accept a job without an interview (in person or Skype) and don’t accept payment before you work.
- If you encounter any trouble with the system or an employer, please contact email@example.com.