Professional Learning for Literacy Coaches, Literacy Specialists, and Teacher Leaders
Invest in teacher expertise through coaching and teacher leadership training. Our center offers professional learning opportunities for literacy specialist, coaches, and other school leaders.
Literacy Collaborative is a highly successful model for school improvement. The goal of the model is to assure high-quality literacy instruction and successful achievement for all students through building the professional capacity of the administration, leadership teams, coaches, and teachers.
The Effective Literacy Coach is a 10-day training that supports literacy coaches and other instructional leaders in aspects of their role.
During this training, you will:
- Learn to foster a culture of collaborative learning
- Develop expertise in one-on-one, cluster and inquiry-based coaching
- Examine the coach and principal partnership
- Use tools to sharpen the analysis of the teaching of reading and writing
- Discover methods of organizing effective ongoing note-taking for coaches by setting up coaching notebooks and monitoring teacher development over time
- Design an effective coaching session with a teacher: pre-lesson conference, classroom visit, post-conference/coaching session