Professional Development Schedule
Learn about best practices in literacy teaching, coaching, and school leadership with Lesley's Center for Reading Recovery & Literacy Collaborative.
Most of our offerings are for educators in grades K–8, while Leveled Literacy Intervention Training goes up to grade 12. You can take many of our courses for graduate credit or noncredit for professional development hours. If you can't come to campus, take advantage of our online graduate courses.
These offerings take place on the Lesley University campus in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We can also deliver several of these offerings to a group of educators at your school.
- School Leaders Seminar for Grades K–6:
January 27–28 & March 16–17, 2020 (4-day training)
- Leveled Literacy Intervention Training for Grades 3–12:
February 4–6 and March 30–April 1, 2020 (6-day training)
- Leveled Literacy Intervention Training for Grades K–2:
February 11–13 and March 25–27, 2020 (6-day training)
- Fountas & Pinnell Classroom™ Training for Grades PreK–6:
March 9–10, 2020 (2-day training)
- Literacy Leadership Team Institute for Grades K–8:
March 11–13 & April 7-8, 2020 (5-day institute)
- Impact Literacy Speaker Series for Grades K–8:
March 18, April 16 (1-day workshops), and July 20–23, 2020 (4-day institute)
These offerings take place off-campus in locations convenient to our audience. Request an offering to be delivered closer to your location by completing this form.
- Using the Fountas and Pinnell Literacy Continuum to Plan for, Guide, and Assess Reading Instruction for Grades K–6:
March 30-31, 2020 (2-day training) in Worcester, MA
Spring II Term: March 16-May 10, 2020
- EEDUC 6169 - Thinking, Talking, and Writing About Texts
- EEDUC 6405 - Building Capacity Through Continuous Professional Learning
Literacy for All Conference
Join us in Providence, Rhode Island for 3 days of professional development for classroom teachers, Reading Recovery teachers and teacher leaders, principals, and literacy coaches. Learn more about our Literacy for All Conference.
Additional professional learning events happening in Fall 2020 will be announced here soon.