Professional Development Schedule
Learn about best practices in literacy teaching, coaching, and school leadership with Lesley's Center for Reading Recovery & Literacy Collaborative.
Most of our offerings are for educators in grades K–8, while Leveled Literacy Intervention Training goes up to grade 12. You can take many of our courses for graduate credit, or noncredit for professional development hours. If you can't come to campus, take advantage of our online graduate courses.
These offerings take place on the Lesley University campus in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We can also deliver several of these offerings to a group of educators at your school.
- Leveled Literacy Intervention Training for Grades 3-12: September 23-25 and November 13-15, 2019 (6-day training)
- Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling in the Reading/Writing Classroom in Grades K-3: September 28-29 and November 2-3, 2019 (4-day training)
- Leveled Literacy Intervention Training for Grades K-2: October 28-30 and December 3-5, 2019 (6-day training)
Literacy for All Conference
Join us in Providence, Rhode Island for 3 days of professional development for classroom teachers, Reading Recovery teachers and teacher leaders, principals, and literacy coaches. Learn more about our Literacy for All Conference.
Fall I Term: September 3-October 27, 2019
- EEDUC 6176 - Intentional Teaching in a Writers' Workshop in Grades K-2
- EEDUC 6045 - Guided Reading: Differentiating Literacy Instruction in Grades 3-8
Fall II Term: October 28-December 22, 2019
- EEDUC 6403 - Acquiring Coaching and Teacher Leader Expertise
- EEDUC 6165 - Linking Assessment to teaching: Reading, Writing, and Word Study
- School Leaders Seminar: January 27-28 & March 16-17, 2020 (4-day training)
- Fountas & Pinnell Classroom™ Training: March 9-10, 2020 (2-day training)
Spring I Term: January 21-March 15, 2020
- EEDUC 6047 - Guided Reading: Responsive Teaching in Grades K-2
- EEDUC 6049 - Word Study: Teaching Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling in Grades 3-8
- EEDUC 6404 - Elevating Literacy Expertise Through Coaching
Spring II Term: March 16-May 10, 2020