Professional Development Schedule
Learn about best practices in literacy teaching, coaching, and school leadership with Lesley's Center for Reading Recovery & Literacy Collaborative.
Most of our offerings are for educators in grades K–8, while Leveled Literacy Intervention Training goes up to grade 12. You can take many of our courses for graduate credit, or noncredit for professional development hours. If you can't come to campus, take advantage of our online graduate courses.
These offerings take place on the Lesley University campus in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We can also deliver several of these offerings to a group of educators at your school.
- School Leaders Seminar: January 28-29 and March 18-19, 2019 (4-day training)
- Leveled Literacy Intervention Training for Grades 3-12: February 11-13 and April 1-3, 2019 (6-day training)
- Leveled Literacy Intervention Training for Grades K-2: February 26-28 and April 2-4, 2019 (6-day training)
- Fountas & Pinnell Classroom Trainng for Grades K-4: March 11-12, 2019 (2-day training)
- Literacy Leadership Team Institute in Grades K-8: March 13-15 and April 4-5, 2019 (5-day training)
- Leadership Summit - You Got This!: Transforming Your Teaching and Your School to Assure Access and Equity: May 2, 2019 (1-day summit for school leaders)
Online courses take place in accelerated 8-weeks terms.
Spring I Term (January 22—March 17, 2019)
- Linking Assessment to Teaching: Reading, Writing, and Word Study for Grades K–8
- Guided Reading: Responsive Teaching in Grades K–2
- Word Study: Teaching Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling in Grades 3–8
- Elevating Literacy Expertise through Coaching
Spring II Term (March 18—May 12, 2019)
- Thinking, Talking, and Writing About Texts for Grades K-8
- Building Capacity through Continuous Professional Learning
Literacy for All Conference
Join us in Providence, Rhode Island for 3 days of professional development for classroom teachers, Reading Recovery teachers and teacher leaders, principals, and literacy coaches.