Call for Session Proposals for the Literacy for All Conference
We invite you to submit a proposal for the 31st Annual Literacy for All Conference to be held in Providence, RI on October 25-27, 2020.
As the leading literacy and Reading Recovery conference in the Northeast, the Literacy for All Conference includes more than 100 workshops for grades PreK–8, covering a range of topics such as:
- Reading (Guided, Shared, Interactive Read Aloud, Reading in the Content Areas, Book Clubs, Independent)
- Writing (Writers' Workshop, Interactive and Shared Writing, Guided, Writing about Reading)
- Vocabulary Instruction
- Phonics/Word Study
- Genre Study
- Coach/Principal Team
- Effective Practices of Reading Recovery Teaching
- And more!
If your submission is selected, the lead speaker of the session can attend the conference for free on Monday and Tuesday.
Submission deadline: November 15, 2019
The Literacy for All Conference draws more than 1,500 PreK–8 literacy and Reading Recovery educators. The attendees are professionals who come to us from New England, across the nation, and abroad, including:
- Classroom Teachers
- Reading and Literacy Specialists
- Reading Teachers
- Title I Teachers
- Principals and Assistant Principals
- Special Education Teachers
- Reading Recovery Teachers
Types of Presentations
90-minute sessions to place within these tracts:
- Reading Recovery
- Administrators/School Leaders
- Classroom Literacy (PreK–K, K–2, 3–6, 5–8)
- Technology and Literacy
- Literacy Coaching
- Children's Literature and Authors
- Social Emotional Learning and Literacy
- Provide contact information for yourself and any co-presenters, including a bio and reference information, before starting the online application.
- Write your session title and description exactly as you would like it to appear in the conference materials. Please keep the description under 75 words and provide a brief outline for all sessions.
- The conference registration fee for Monday and Tuesday is waived for the lead presenter, one per session, unless the presentation is repeated.
- Multiple submissions are allowed.