Get Your Literacy for All Conference Handouts
- Handouts will be listed by date, then time and session number
- Not all speakers choose to post handouts online
- Many speakers submit handouts closer to the conference date or after the conference
- Check this page periodically, as handouts will be posted as they are received
- Internet access is limited at the conference, so it may be difficult to download the handouts on site
- Please download and print out your handouts then bring them with you to the conference
- We will not be printing or distributing handouts at the event, though some speakers may provide handouts on site
Handouts by Day
Required Texts & Materials
- Requirements will be listed by date, then time and session number
- Not all speakers choose to post requirements online
- Many speakers submit requirements closer to the conference date.
- Check this page periodically, as requirements will be posted as they are received
Sunday, October 20, 2019
Fountas, Pinnell; PC-4: Minilessons to Get Started with Book Clubs (Grades 1-8); Engaging Students in Thinking and Talking About Books
Required Texts: Participants are required to bring Fountas & Pinnell Prompting Guide, Part 2 for Comprehension to engage in the experiences of the institute. These are available for purchase prior to the institute if needed. (Heinemann).
Downend, Rodman; PC-2: Creating Inquiry Units of Study for Writers’ Workshop (Grades K-6)
Required Texts: The Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Continuum (2016, Heinemann) and the Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment System Guide 1 and 2 (3rd edition, Heinemann). These are available for purchase prior to the institute if needed. (Heinemann).
Monday, October 21, 2019
Tuesday, October 22, 2019