Dates: March 20–22 and April 26–27, 2018
(9:00 am–3:30 pm)
This institute is intended for school administrators and faculty members interested in learning more about working as a leadership team around effective programs as well as schools and districts interested in implementing a research-based model, such as Literacy Collaborative.
Suggested Composition of Teams
- Literacy coach
- Teachers at participating grade levels
- Reading or Intervention Specialist
- ELL teacher
- Special Education teacher
- Other literacy professionals
- Develop a common vision of high quality literacy and learning.
- Discuss the critical components of effective literacy programs.
- Learn how to use The Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Continuum as a tool for planning, assessing, and assuring all students meet the competencies of the Common Core Standards.
- Establish group norms and learn methods for working effectively as a team.
- Build a common understanding of the goals of professional learning communities.
- Explore the foundational theory and practices of readers’ workshop, writers’ workshop, and language/word study.
- Learn how to create layers of intensified teaching as part of a Response to Intervention model.
- Examine the roles of the literacy coach, administrator, and leadership team in developing in-school capacity for teacher development.
Cost and Registration
|Training Team Fee (up to 6 participants)||Additional Team Member|
|$4,850 (includes all professional books and lunch)||$800|