Dates: July 24-26 and November 14-16, 2018
(8:30 a.m.–3:30 pm..)
Using the Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) Red System (grade 3), Gold System (grade 4), Purple System (grade 5), and Teal System (grades 6-12), this training will provide you with an introduction to an effective literacy intervention for struggling readers in the intermediate, middle, and upper grades.
In this 6-day training, you will learn rationales and procedures for high-impact lessons that engage students' attention and thinking and help them read increasingly challenging text levels successfully. Three types of lessons — standard, novel, and test preparation — are used at each level to help students improve comprehension, vocabulary, fluency, and word solving strategies.
- Engaging students in the novel study lesson sequence
- Understanding the odd and even standard lesson framework and using the optional test preparation lessons
- Understanding fiction and nonfiction texts and analyzing text characteristics
- Teaching for vocabulary development, fluency and a deep understanding of texts
- Teaching for writing about reading
To participate in this training, you must be using the Red, Gold, Purple, or Teal LLI Systems with at least 1 group of 3 students, 5 days a week, for 18 weeks. You must attend all 6 days of training.
Cost and Registration (LLI 3–12)
|$1,950||10%: Literacy Collaborative network|
Please purchase your LLI System (Red, Gold, Purple, and Teal) from Heinemann Publishers prior to the training.