College of Art and Design students Joe DeSouza, Tori Joyce and Hen Deltano in conversation with Kristina Lamour Sansone, associate dean of academic affairs, and Julie Stanwood, the assistant dean.
Thursday, October 12, 2017
5:00 – 6:00 pm
Lunder Arts Center, Room 321
Students share and discuss with Kristina Lamour Sansone and Julie Stanwood what they are looking for and find most beneficial from their own faculty mentors. Join the discussion as it aims to dive into what they believe makes a strong mentor. Students hope to keep the conversation going by sharing their ideas for future mentorship by discussing these questions:
- Identify people you consider your faculty mentors without naming names. What qualities and characteristics do they have?
- Where, when and how does the mentoring occur?
- Is mentoring different than teaching? Is it about grades or something else?
- How is a mentoring learning environment important to your success?
- How can the College of Art and Design improve our faculty mentoring from a student perspective?
Following the panel at 6 p.m., stay for an opening reception for the student exhibition, Inspired by British Graphic Design: A Student Pop-Up Exhibition, in the Raizes gallery.