Join Us For TeachUp 2017
Aspiring teachers, meet New England’s leaders in teacher education. We’ll help you find the support, education, and financial assistance you need to become the teacher you want to be.
If you’re wondering what it will take to become the teacher you want to be, find out at TeachUp 2017—a special event created by New England’s leaders in teacher education. Meet faculty and admissions representatives from Northeastern University, Lesley University, Boston College, Boston University, Harvard Graduate School of Education, and Tufts University.
Explore graduate programs that support your career ambitions, learn about options for funding your graduate education, discover how to prepare for your teaching license, and meet experts in K-12 education who can guide you toward your next steps.
We look forward to meeting you!
5:45 – 6:30 pm | Registration/Graduate Fair
6:35 – 7:15 pm | Faculty Panel Discussion
- Susan Bruce, Department Chair for Teacher Education, Boston College
- Micky Cokely, Associate Teaching Specialist; Lead Faculty for Special Education, Graduate School of Education, Northeastern University
- Vicki Jacobs, Lecturer on Education; Faculty Director, Teacher Education Program, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Laura Rogers, Senior Lecturer in Education; Interim Director, Teacher Preparation Programs, Tufts University
- Alejandra Salinas, Clinical Associate Professor and Program Director, Mathematics Education, Boston University
- Barbara Steckel, Associate Professor; Specialist Teacher of Reading Program, Lesley University
7:20 – 7:45 pm | Getting Started Guide to Licensure
- Mary Frazier-Davis, Associate Director, Career Services Office, Harvard Graduate School of Education
7:50 – 8:15 pm | Financial Planning for Graduate School
8:15 – 9:00 pm | Graduate Fair (continued)